How can we make Symbaloo even more useful?

What’s your best idea to improve Symbaloo? Give us your ideas here and vote on the ideas of other Symbaloo users. This list is the foundation of development improvement and the implementing of new features.

How can Symbaloo be even more useful?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Can we get an Adroid app?

Maybe I missed it, but a mobile app for Android and I-phone/pad would be super for quick access on tablets and such.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there Symbaloo-ers,

We currently have an app for Android and iPhone! You can download it in the app store. For tablets, we have optimized Symbaloo for use in your preferred browser.

Thank you for using Symbaloo. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
      Emma | Team Symbaloo

• 9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

You can absolutely move and copy a tile to other webmixes. Check out this Tuesday Tutorial on how to do it:
          http://www.symbalooedu.com/tutorials/tuesday-tutorial-drag-drop/

Make sure to visit our blog to get the latest on new features, deals and how-tos at www.symbalooedu.com

Thank you for using Symbaloo! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know by pressing the Contact Support button.

Best regards,
          Emma | Team Symbaloo

• Ability to edit a webmix once you have it in your own Symbaloo Profile

When I first began using Symbaloo I searched for webmix's that I thought would be useful. After putting one in my Symbaloo, there were many tiles I didn't care for, such as a search engine mix page that has search engines that I don't use and engines I would like to add - but can't. When I couldn't edit it, I stopped looking for them as they were not useful to me at all. There should be a way to copy the mix in an unlocked format. There may be this option already but I don't know how it is…

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Symbaloo-ers,

Check out this article on unlocking webmixes added to your account via other accounts or the Symbaloo gallery:
            www.symbalooedu.com/didyouknow/unlock-webmix-in-free-accounts/

Make sure to visit our blog to get the latest on new features, deals and how-tos at www.symbalooedu.com

Thank you for using Symbaloo! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know by pressing the Contact Support button.

Best regards,
            Emma | Team Symbaloo

• Make it easier to find posted webmixes

I created a webmix for my elementary school students, but even I have trouble finding it when I'm not logged in as myself. Maybe I'm just clueless and need to really dig into the site more, but it is still difficult for the younger users (i.e. 4th and 5th grade). Maybe have a Symbaloo version for kids/students that doesn't have as many places to get lost or confused.

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Robert,

It can be difficult to find your specific webmix in the database since there are so many; however, when you share your webmixes you are given a URL that you can give to your students that will take them directly to your webmix! Also, Symbaloo Premium provides an even better alternative. If you sign up for Symbaloo Premium, you are given your own URL that your students can go to. They will see any webmixes that you make visible, and can create free account under your premium solution, but will not have access to make edits unless you give them permission.

Check out more about Symbaloo Premium here:
              http://www.symbalooedu.com/category/premium-2/
              http://www.symbalooedu.com/pricing/

Best regards,
              Emma | Team Symbaloo

• Landscape mode for Tablets

I like the tablet app but would like to see a landscape mode. It's inconvenient to go to portrait mode to click on a tile and then back to landscape when the browser starts.

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

The app is actually designed to be specifically a mobile phone app. Symbaloo has been optimized to be viewed in your preferred browser!

Best regards,
                Emma | Team Symbaloo

• 6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • I would like to be able to download a document to a certain tab.

I am building a tab for The American Revolution. I would like to add a rubric or an assignment for my students.

53 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Symbaloo-ers!

You can link a tile to a Google Doc and upload your document to the Google Drive. Check out this article on how to do it!

http://www.symbalooedu.com/tutorials/uploading-files-to-symbaloo/

Best regards,
                    Emma | Team Symbaloo

• Drag and drop

You can drag and drop a url icon from the address bar down onto your Favourites bar to create a shortcut - i'd like to do that with Symbaloo - maybe drag and drop from my Favourites bar onto my Symbaloo desktop and voila...new button. PS - I love Symbaloo!

43 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Symbaloo-ers,

As of now you cannot drag and drop to create tiles in your webmixes. However, you can download the Symbaloo bookmarker. It installs a bookmarker icon in your browser so that when you are on a page you want to link a tile to then all you have to do is click on the icon and voilà a new tile:) For more information on the Symbaloo bookmarker go to our blog here: http://www.symbalooedu.com/symbalooedu-bookmarker/

Thanks for using Symbaloo and providing the great feedback!

Best regards,
                      Emma | Team Symbaloo

• My users have trouble updating whenever I update.

We have a Symbaloo I created linked as a desktop icon for our students. My students need an easy way to load the updates. Otherwise, I have to go to each computer and update it.

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Parents need easier access.

I have students using one special webmix most of the time. When I give the link to parents, they get confused because they don't have instant access. I think you are asking them to open their own accounts and that is foreign to many of them. Can they just use a webmix without an account?

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Symbaloo-ers,

There are two ways around this!

1) If you sign up for Symbaloo Premium, you are given a custom URL which you can provide to parents, and they can access all of your webmixes without needing to log in. This along with many other great perks makes Symbaloo Premium a very attractive program for educators. Check out more about Symbaloo Premium here:
                          http://www.symbalooedu.com/category/premium-2/
                          http://www.symbalooedu.com/pricing/

2) If you don’t wish to sign up for Premium, you can still get around this, by embedding your webmix on a blog; for example, you can embed a webmix on Google Sites, Weebly, or Glogster. Then you can provide your students’ parents with the link to your blog where they will have access to your webmixes!

Best regards,
                          Emma |…

• I would love to be able to create a Sybaloo page for my (early/middle childhood) students that I can set a homepage without needing a log in

As a teacher, I would like to see a way to add symbaloo to my early childhood - middle elementary students' computer's as a homepage, that would not require using my or another teachers user to access.

Also, for I would like to have the ability to make tiles larger and font bigger for my students, especially early childhood students who are just beginning/still developing fine motor skills.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Symbaloo-ers,

For the second half of your feedback, we unfortunately do not currently have that ability to customize tile or text size.

However, for the first part, if you sign up for a Premium account, you are given a self-designated domain (ex: tigers.symbaloo.com) that you can set as a homepage on all of your computers so your students would open up their browser and immediately have your Symbaloo landing page. They will not have any access to your preferences or account settings this way. For more information on pricing and tutorials about the Premium account go to www.symbalooedu.com

Best regards,
                            Emma | Team Symbaloo

• I wish I could lock my webmix.

I have accidentally deleted one and there is no way to recover it. My husband has also deleted my webmix by accident because he thought he was minimizing it.

50 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Symbaloo-ers,

Pressing the remove button when a webmix is open, and agreeing to delete the webmix forever is the only way to delete a webmix forever. In Laura’s case, I bet your “minimized” webmix is still recoverable. Select the icon to the right of your tab bar and look through all of your webmixes. If you have a lot, try opening the magnifying glass at the top of your page and then in the search bar, select the “webmixes” search option and search the name of your webmix.

Thank you for using Symbaloo and for you feedback!

Best regards,
                              Emma | Team Symbaloo

• 179 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                8 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there Symbaloo-ers,

You can absolutely search your own account for webmixes and alphabetize your webmixes in the tab bar and side bar. Check out these articles on how to do so!

http://www.symbalooedu.com/didyouknow/searching-your-own-symbaloo/

http://www.symbalooedu.com/didyouknow/arranging-webmixes/

Make sure to visit our blog every Tuesday and Thursday at noon to get the latest on new features, deals and how-tos at www.symbalooedu.com

Best regards,
                                Emma | Team Symbaloo

• 1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • I would love it if you would create an app for the phone and tablets for my students to download.

Our school computer are old an rarely run properly. I often have kids use their own devices. If i could link all the sites through symbaloo, then the kids just have one app to click to access all the sites. no web addresses required.

5 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Symbaloo-ers!

We do have an app available in the App Store and Android market specifically for mobile devices. The browser version has been optimized for all tablets, so you will not have to download the app for any tablets!

Best regards,
                                    Emma | Team Symbaloo

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
                                  • Don't see your idea?

How can we make Symbaloo even more useful?

Feedback and Knowledge Base