How can Symbaloo be even more useful?

Allow backup of my mix.

I would love to have a local backup of my mix.

I am worried that you may have a server crash and erase my mix, or, heaven forbid, if you go out of business, I would lose all of my links.

I'd feel much more secure in using your service.

687 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian IrwinBrian Irwin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big problem I have pages of links that could be lost – many are business related - please make it possible to easily back up my links and reinstall them if something is lost or deleted.

• Ron MasonRon Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 8 mixes with 104 tiles on each and now I can only back them up with screen shots. I would appreaciate this greatly.

• Paul DahlenPaul Dahlen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way, I posted this in 2014 in this thread:

Paul Dahlen commented · April 8, 2014 9:17 AM · Flag as inappropriate
        It would be nice to hear from a developer about whether this is going to be added. Thanks

I'm signed in the same, so don't even know why I'm 'anonymous' today, but I do know you should save your votes for something else that might actually happen. I've never been to a support site that doles out an allotted number of votes! That's just BS.

For all the people urging others to vote on this, forget it, it's not going to happen. Every couple of years you'll see a post like this:

eam Symbaloo (Admin, SymbalooEDU) commented · May 20, 2016 11:38 AM · Flag as inappropriate
        Hi Symbalooers,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We try to accommodate to all our users needs as best as possible. In regards to the backup of the webmixes, we are currently working with developers to achieve this goal and hope to have it soon in the near future.

Best regards,
        Lauren | Team Symbaloo

But, now it's a year later. A simple XML approach could have been coded in the first year, so for their own reasons, they have no intention of adding backup. I've seen this site go down more than once. It's simple for anyone who values their time and work: no backup, no Symbaloo.

• pinopino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After 3 years, i'm going to leave to Symbaloo. I'm waiting for the export/backup function from 2014, and now my patience is over. I found a better website the allow to do the backup whatever I want and has also better option for the taxonomy. I hope that the developer of Symbaloo will add the export/backup function for all the people that use Symbaloo daily. Please don't underestimate this issue.

• SaraSara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh bummer.. so there is no export? I just created a few accounts and wanted to transfer some pages. Is there no other way than to do this manually?

• msmorgan69msmorgan69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this idea completed when there is no solution yet? They have been "working" on this for years.

• tonyandcheryl@gmail.comtonyandcheryl@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I feel Symbaloo will never supply this option. Perhaps being worried about losing users if they can record bookmarks in a usable form?

Yes, we've ask for this for years now. Without backup, Symbaloo and the time taken to set up a page cannot be undertaken.

• ShaiShai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way this has been "completed" is with a google link to the site. That's not what I wanted. Rather what I and I think others here wanted was somehow to export a list of links to the actual site, something that I can only get by opening each tile and copy/pasting the address - requiring an unnecessary expenditure of time. I want to export my list of exact addresses of links, not one by one with a google link that's useful only to Symbaloo users.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have invested a lot of time saving bookmarks to my webmixes and I would hate to lose them if something would happen to Symbaloo. So I too vote for a back up soon!! To as CSV or Excel format. I love Symbaloo, but things happen, and I wouldn't want to lose any bookmarks!!

• BasBas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just gave 3 votes for for a backup option. But I am afraid Symbaloo is not developing this as it might undermine our dependence on their product.

• Shirley SkaggsShirley Skaggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have a backup of my Symbaloo page. I didn't even imagine that there wouldn't be a backup. Could I save my Symbaloo mix to a flash drive in case Symbaloo does not decide to provide a back up of it?

• tonyandcheryl@gmail.comtonyandcheryl@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm.
        On the face of it these are encouraging words from Symbaloo support but let's not forget that the backup issue was first raised on 4 Feb 2014. Over 2 years before a comment.
        I don't know about others but I'm not holding my breathe !
        Symbaloo support, we all challenge you to make this happen for the benefit of all your users.

• Team SymbalooAdminTeam Symbaloo (Admin, SymbalooEDU) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Symbalooers,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We try to accommodate to all our users needs as best as possible. In regards to the backup of the webmixes, we are currently working with developers to achieve this goal and hope to have it soon in the near future.

Best regards,
        Lauren | Team Symbaloo

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does Symbaloo consistently ignore the Backup issue?
        Not a very professional approach.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base