How can Symbaloo be even more useful?

Allow backup of my mix.

I would love to have a local backup of my mix.

I am worried that you may have a server crash and erase my mix, or, heaven forbid, if you go out of business, I would lose all of my links.

I'd feel much more secure in using your service.

691 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian IrwinBrian Irwin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tonyandcheryl@gmail.comtonyandcheryl@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on people. Get behind, and vote for, this request. You should be able to back up your Symbaloo mix's for your own peace of mind.
        Come on Symbaloo, it's not rocket science, it's keeping users loyal as well as happy.

• HarmHarm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A time ago it happened to my mix. Due to a failure of Symbaloo my mix disappeared. Symbaloo promises for a backup possibility for several years now.......

• tonyandcheryl@gmail.comtonyandcheryl@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As if to prove the point we are all trying to make Symbaloo is down and we do NOT have access or any backup. Well done Symbaloo for your blinkered approach to your users.

• Randy ReidRandy Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are down right now and a local backup would be nice. I have places to go and no addresses to get there.

• Antje CarlsonAntje Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is my worry. My entire teaching resources are on Symbaloo, neatly organized by walls.. If you ever go away, your server crashes or whatever, I'd be devastated, wiped out, kaputt! Seriously. I . I think you really need to have a 'security plan' for your followers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is an absolute necessity to backup sybaloo webmixes to our computers or to the cloud. It is way to easy to delete a webmix that may have grown organically over a long period and is almost impossible to recreate,

Thanks
        Kimball

Symbaloo is afraid about users who could backup their bookmarks and leave symbaloo...But no ,don't be afrais let'us do backup , we sware we'll stay.....

I use this for my job as a teacher and would be in a world of hurt if I lost it. Any comment about this from the sources in the know??

Why is there never a comment about this backup request?
        So many other sites allow backup in some form or other.
        If Symbaloo really wants to be a major player then allowing backup of mixes is surely a must have?

• J BellJ Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 I think Symballo is an awesome way to keep and use bookmarks and RSS feeds. However . . . without a way to backup my webmixes I am unwilling to invest much time or effort with it. Until this functionality is introduced I cannot use it as a go-to app. :-(

• JJJJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I depend upon symbaloo for EVERYTHING I would be LOST without it. I also wish I could save it to a flash drive just in case..

The best way to do this is to SHARE your mix with yourself. In other words share it to your other email. Then you can rename the new one for a back up copy -NOTE: you will not be able to update it if you change he name. Option 2- don't change the name and you will get updates, but i the original dies- so does all your links for the copy. So it's best just to change name and do manual updates -which shouldn't be that much or that much of a hassle compared to starting all over again.

I came searching for a way to backup my Symbaloo page. I agree that it would be very good to have. I use Symbaloo for the classes that I teach and I create pages that my students have to use. I don't want to have to keep a list somewhere of all the websites that I use or need access to. I also add websites for school that I want to check out as time allows. There needs to be a way to at least readily print out a list of websites that we have on a page.

This backup option is a much needed addition. Used several similar web pages and Symbaloo is more useable but let down by the lack of a backup or output to html fascility.

• edwinedwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of a backup functionality, is the only reason for me to keep looking around for another bookmark tool. In other words, I like symbaloo and don't want to change to another tool. But the possibillity to loose bookmarks, collected over 10 years, can not be ignored.

Introduce different versions of symbaloo. For example the free version with less functionality and a paid version with backup functionality. In the price range, for example, lastpass (8 euro per year), I think there are a lot of people willing to pay for symbaloo.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base