How can Symbaloo be even more useful?

Please fix the wallpaper upload glitch.

When I change the background it says "new background active then it refreshes and its still the same. :(

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric LopezEric Lopez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen RiggsKaren Riggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, this is exasperating. Did this ever get solved? I just encountered the problem and Symbaloo doesn't seem to provide an explanation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening in 3 different browsers for me (Safari, Firefox and Chrome.) If it were just one, the "glitch" response might be more plausible. This is NOT client-side. This is server-side. Correcting this falls on the developer's shoulders. Not the users'.

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Michelle, but I tried that and it didn't work. I am not uploading a different picture. I am using the one in the gallery given. What is going on? After I change the wallpaper for each of my webmixes, I update each one of them after each change. I have tried to publish after changing all webmixes and then I tried publish after changing each one. Still when I return to my home page or log out of Symbaloo, my wallpaper for each of my webmixes returns to black. This does need to get fix. Why have wallpapers if you can't use them.

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin, you may say it is not a glitch, but if it takes the gymnastics you describe to make it work, then it sure looks like a glitch. Try making it more USER FRIENDLY. (Please)

When I try to upload a wallpaper it shows as many tiles as opposed to one BIG tile. How can I fix this?

• MicheleMichele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Found the fix! This works in Chrome... 1) Press F12 while on your symbaloo page. The Chrome Developer Tools will pop up from the bottom. Press the 'gear' symbol 2) Click the Settings Gear (image) in the top right of the Developer Tools. 3) Look to the left and find General and click 'Disable Cache'. 4) Don't leave the tools, just reload the symbaloo page. 5) Re-check enable cache. 6) Exit the Developer Tools 7) Change your wallpaper

Takes about 14 seconds and worked like a charm!

• Team SymbalooAdminTeam Symbaloo (Admin, SymbalooEDU) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

This is not a glitch. Your background will save for 24 hours under the name and file type that you uploaded. Please change the file to different type to upload a new wallpaper. You can also change the wallpaper to a black background, clear your browser cookies and cache, then upload the background file again under a different name.

Team Symbaloo

• RALPH CHAVEZRALPH CHAVEZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I thought I was doing something wrong because I could never get my background to change. This annoys the heck out of me. I agree PLEASE FIX THIS

Someone really needs to fix this. I am very very annoyed right now. I've tried countless times to upload a new wallpaper and it just refreshes and then shows my previous one. It's this kind of thing that doesn't work which makes me go to some other site for my homepage. PLEASE somebody fix this!

• GaleGale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does the same to me. I've tried countless times and it still shows my previous wallpaper. Can someone PLEASE fix this?

Feedback and Knowledge Base